27 October 2008

Enemy UAV is airborne

My roommate is addicted to CoD4. He plays it every night.

I am not addicted to CoD4. I only play it when he plays it. That's the only reason I'm playing it right now.

All I have to do is advance to General. That means that I only need 264 more points, which means that I'm playing one more game.

I think I'm only playing one more game, until fucking choklitSTARFISH starts spawn killing me with grenades from across the Bog. This guy needs to be taught that the only thing he has going for him right now is luck, and that luck rarely lasts more than one round. So I stay in the lobby when the game ends and wait for the next one to start up.

I prove my point by going 14-8 on Strike while he gets stuck at 0-1 before quitting halfway through the match. A silenced P90 nets me a helicopter and a 9 kill streak. I'm going to assume it was my perfectly executed revenge that caused him to quit, rather than the fact that it's 3 am.

My roommate (the one with the problem) went to bed an hour and a half ago. He has class tomorrow. I wouldn't have even started playing this tonight if it hadn't been for him, so why am I the one up trading kills with a guy who chose to name himself after a Limp Bizkit album?

I know what it is about this game that makes me need to keep playing it almost a year after its release. The always rewarding cycle of level up, unlock new perk / weapon, repeat, etc. is addictive like drunk WoW, and the massive number of possible perk, weapon, and attachment combinations make me want to try every strategy I can think of.

I can pretend it doesn't exist when no one else is playing it. In fact, I've gone months without putting the disc in my 360. I've got better things to do. I've got better games to play. I never finished Persona 3, and I'm still only on chapter 7 of Dead Space.

It's my roommate's fault. He should be spending his time more wisely.

I think it's time for an intervention.

No comments: